This is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more info here!
I have a lot of books on my TBR and 2016 is the year I want to read them all. Not so I can say I have 0 books on my TBR per-se, but more because I am still enthused about reading them all, and want to get to them ASAP!
This week is freebie week, so I decided to talk about the Top Ten Books That Have Been on my TBR Too Long!
1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. This might be a cop out putting this on my list as I actually have just begun reading this book, but prior to right now I have owned this book since the beginning of 2014. How insane?! I definitely need to add this to my ‘read’ shelf ASAP!
2. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. In January 2014 I read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Hosseini and immediately bought myself a copy of the Kite Runner. Unfortunately, it’s been sitting on my shelf ever since. I need to read this one soon!
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I heard about this book long before I heard about book blogging or booktubing, so it feels like I’ve been meaning to read this book for an eternity. I have actually owned the entire trilogy almost as long – and every time I look over at my book shelves and spot them sitting there unread I feel incredibly guilty about it. I need to change that!
4. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Besides A Game of Thrones, this was the first ‘big’ fantasy series I was going to read. Unfortunately that was back in 2013 and I still haven’t picked up the first book. 2016 is the year!
5. The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness. I finally read the first book The Knife of Never Letting Go during the second half of 2015, however the entire series is one I’ve been meaning to get to for a long time. It needs to happen!
6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I’ve been meaning to read this book since it was announced there was going to be a movie. However the movie came and left the cinemas, and I have seen it, so the book has been pushed to the back burner. I need to remotivate myself to read this one – and soon!
7. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. I randomly picked this one up in a bookstore years and years ago. And it’s survived many unhauls, so obviously there is something about it that intrigues me! I just need to pick it up and see if I actually enjoy it or not.
8. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith. I read the first book in this series when I was camping in January 2014 but never picked up the second or third. I am still super excited to see where these books go, so I should probably pick up a copy and get into the world of Cormoran Strike again!
9. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. There isn’t much to say about this one, apart from the fact that I really, desperately want to read this book. Why don’t I allow myself the time?
10. The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan. I picked this one up immediately after it won the Man Booker prize in 2014, however I never managed to get past the first 30 pages. Almost everyone in my family has raved about this novel as well, so I’m very inspired to give it a go!
Have you read any of these books? Please let me know down below and inspire me to get off my butt and read them! X