This is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more info here!
This week is Freebie week! At first I was having real difficulty thinking of something that I could make a Top Ten about. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realised I was over thinking it and I might as well do a simple list I can look back on in a few months and see how my list has changed!
So this week I am going to talk about the Top Ten Books I Own That I Want to Read Now! I’m really excited for all these books, so they are in no particular order, and I’ll just give you a little bit of info on each one!
1. Room by Emma Donoghue. I’ve been hearing things about this book for quite a while, so this past month I finally picked up my own copy! This is a book about a 5 year old boy who has lived in one room for his entire life. That’s all I’m going to say here, however from reading the goodreads description I do know a little more information and I’m super excited to pick this up!
2. Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I recently went into my local bookstore to pick up my copy of Queen of Shadows *high pitched squeal*, however the day I went in it wasn’t in stock so I was feeling down and felt like buying another book. This book was sitting on the staff recommendations shelf, and just from reading the little card with one of the staffs thoughts, I couldn’t help pick this up. She had wrote, “it’s reads like a fairy tale you’ve known forever.” I’m sold.
3. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I’ve seen quite a few people reading this recently so I picked up my own copy! This sounds so interesting – from what I can tell it’s a world where dragons are disguised as humans and live amongst them. It sounds super intriguing, and I love dragons, so I’m very excited to get around to this.
4. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. This is the first book in the Mistborn trilogy and the only Brandon Sanderson I own. I still can’t believe that I haven’t picked up a Brandon Sanderson book, so I really want to change that soon!
5. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. When I first heard people discussing this book online, I knew it was right up my alley! I absolutely love the sound of this book and it sounds like I’m really going to enjoy it.
6. Vicious by V. E. Schwab. I still have not read a V. E. Schwab book!!! I read the beginning of this book in April but put it down for some reason that I can’t currently remember. However, I really want to pick it up again and finish it off soon!
7. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes. This book sounds so interesting. It’s about a girl who has lived in a cult for her entire life and I think she escapes and gets her hands cut off. I’m not 100% certain about this, but I know it switches back and forward between the present and the past and I’m so down for that. So I really want to read this one soon!
8. The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer. I’ll admit I barely know anything about this book, however the few small details I have heard about this have made me want to read it immediately. The moment I’m the mood for an adult book, this will probably be my first pick.
9. More Than This by Patrick Ness. I recently read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and have already added it to my favourites shelf. I own the entire Chaos Walking trilogy as well, but after reading A Monster Calls I feel like More Than This is the way to go. I don’t know why I haven’t read this yet!
10. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. I do not know too much about this book either, but I remember when I bought it I was super intrigued by the plot. I haven’t read anything historical in a long time now, and I’m really hoping the writing in this one is beautiful!
What are some books you own that you want to get to soon? Let me know down below! X