This is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more info here!
First things first, I really want to specify that these definitely are not in any particular order. As well as that, while a lot of these authors are favourites, not all my favourites are listed here. Some of my favourite series are written by authors I wouldn’t consider auto-buy authors, because I haven’t enjoyed all of their works. But anyway, here’s my TTT for this week!
1. Sarah J Maas. For some reason, Sarah J Maas was the first author that popped into my mind when I read this topic. This mainly stemmed from the fact that the only reason I bought ACOTAR because of the author. I was interested in the plot, sure, but I definitely could have held back on buying it for a while considering my current “I’m broke” situation. So yes, Sarah J Maas is definitely an auto-buy author!
2. Markus Zusak. I will admit that while The Book Thief is one of my favourite books of all time, I have not read any of his other books. I do however own them all. I look at each and every one of them daily and think that maybe today is the day I pick it up. But it never really happens. But I guarantee that the day Markus Zusak drops the bombshell that he is publishing a new book, I will have it in my hands the moment the stores open.
3. J K Rowling. I grew up auto-buying the Harry Potter series. I grabbed The Casual Vacancy within days of it hitting shelves. I picked up The Cuckoo’s Calling and read it as soon as I heard it was Rowling’s latest book. And while I have yet to pick up The Silkworm, I know I will continue on and definitely pick up whatever else she published in the future!
4. Rainbow Rowell. I love some guilty pleasure contemporary, and for me Rainbow Rowell is my definite go to! Fangirl is one of my all time favourite books, and Attachments is definitely up there as well. I will definitely be continuing to purchase all of upcoming releases.
5. Patrick Ness. Much like Markus Zusak, I have only read one of Ness’s books, however that one book (that I read just a week ago) has already made it to my favourites list! I also already own almost all of Ness’s works, so I will definitely purchase whatever else he has to offer!
6. Andy Weir. I recently read The Martian and could not praise it higher. I absolutely love a good Sci-fi book and Andy Weir definitely did a top notch job at writing one! So I really hope he publishes more books soon so I can get my hands on them!
7. Erin Morgenstern. It’s always hard to pick your all-time-favourite-book however I think if it came down to it, I would have to pick The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern as my favourite. However, it’s Erin’s only book to date! I know for sure that as soon as she publishes another book (*crossed fingers it actually happens*) I will be one of the first in line to buy a copy.
8. Christopher Paolini. The Inheritance Cycle is one of my favourite fantasy/dragon series of all time, and I know for sure I would pick up anything else by Christopher Paolini in a heartbeat.
9. Johan Harstad. 172 Hours on the Moon was such a great creepy/sci-fi book (that I gave a 5 star rating without hesitation) and I would definitely purchase another book by him if I found out one was around!
10. Gillian Flynn. I left this until last because honestly, does this need an explanation?
What are some of your auto-buy authors? Are any similar? Please let me know down below, I’d love to have a chat! X