It’s not very common that I read a book in one sitting. I get headaches quite easily and if I don’t drink lots of water and give myself breaks I end up pretty sick. There have, however, been a few books that I have read which I have managed to finish in a day or so. The thing is, not all books I read in a day or so are books I absolutely love. Sometimes I just read books quickly simply because they are easy reads. Not because they are great literature.
1. Wonder by R. J. Palacio. I only read this book recently, however I did read it in around two days, which is relatively quick for me. This book was absolutely outstanding and definitely one of my new favourite books of old time. To see what I thought of it, check out my review here.
2. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I read this book in 2013 when I was just getting back into reading. And at this point in my life I was all about John Green. While I am not that into his books anymore, I do remember thinking this book was pretty decent when I first read it. I mean, I read it within a day.
3. The Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz. I read this book about a month ago now on a whim. I was re-watching all my favourite Disney Channel Original Movies and realised that Disney’s Descendants was due out in July this year. This book was the prequel to that movie, so I sat down during a break I had at uni one day and began this book. And three hours later I was finished. This is a classic example of I enjoyed it, but I don’t think it was oustanding or anything.
4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This is probably the most memorable book that I have read in one sitting. I stayed up until 8am reading this book around a year ago, and not once did I regret it. Fangirl is my favourite YA contemporary of all time and a book I try to recommend to everyone. I definitely need to re-read sometime soon!
5. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I devoured this book back in 2014 when I read it. E. Lockhart’s writing in this novel is so incredibly gripping and moving that I couldn’t help read it in one sitting. Also, it’s roughly 200 pages in length so it wasn’t too hard to get through.
I have probably read more books in one sitting, but like I said, I feel that most of the books I read quickly are ones that I think are just average. Which is a shame, I wish there were more outstanding books that I could just fly through! X