Friday Finds is a weekly feature hosted by Should Be Reading where you showcase the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library – whereever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased)
This week I’ve chosen to include books that I have heard about before, but it was only this past week that I became extremely motivated to read them! So I’ve finally added them to my TBR shelf and my to-buy list or library wishlist! (I’ve recently started using my library again… Thank god)
1. The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer – This sounds like a really real and heart breaking book about mental illness and that’s exactly what I feel like.
2. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – I have only heard incredible things about this one and really need to begin reading more diversely.
3. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – If you haven’t at least heard of this one I don’t know where you’ve been but it seems like such an amazing fantasy novel I can’t wait to read it!
4. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys – Althought I wasn’t too fond of Ruta Sepetys other book Between Shades of Grey, I decided to give this one a chance as well as it’s set in America during the 1950’s and I don’t think I’ve ever read anything like it!
5. Room by Emma Donoghue – I have been craving a good kidnapping book and I reckon this could be it!
6. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – The hype surrounding this one has been really good, but I couldn’t imagine spending the money on it straight away. So I’ve got it on hold at the library and I’m really interested to see if it lives up to the hype!
Let me know if you’ve read any of these! X