This is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more info here!
This week was ‘freebie week’ where we got to chose our own topic! Since I’ve been trying to lower my TBR all year, I thought this was a perfect time to be honest with myself and list some books that have been on my TBR for over a year now!
1. The Assassins Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. I bought this duology just before it went out of print to ensure I would have a copy to read! I was really excited to read this when I first got it (hence buying it before I couldn’t) but it’s been sitting there ever since.
2. Vicious by VIctoria Schwab. Although I have only owned this book a for a few months, it has been a book I have been meaning to read since people began receiving advanced copies in 2013! Ridiculous!
3. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I have heard so many good things about this series that I can’t believe I still haven’t picked it up!
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. My cousin and I decided we were going to buddy-read this one early last year! Unfortunately there has never been a moment when we have both felt like reading it at the same time.
5. Wonder by R. J. Palacio. It’s almost embarrassing how long I have owned this one. And again, I can’t believe I haven’t read it. I have heard probably hundreds of brilliant things about it and will definitely be picking it up as soon as I can.
6. The Messenger by Markus Zusak. I honestly feel sick when I think about the fact that I haven’t read this one. Markus Zusak is probably one of my favourite authors, despite the fact that I have only read one of his books, and I’ve heard such amazing things about The Messenger that I honestly can’t believe I haven’t started it.
7. Cress by Marissa Meyer. Well. I’ve been meaning to read this one since it came out. It was one of my most highly anticipated books of 2014. Why haven’t I read it? I have no idea.
8. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. If you haven’t heard amazing things about this series, I don’t know what planet you’ve been living on. But at the same time, I don’t know where the hell I have been since I still haven’t read it.
9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I was going through the biggest holocaust reading binge in 2012 and when I heard this one was being released I bought it almost immediately. And I still haven’t read it. How is it 2015? How have I still not read this?
10. The Titian’s Curse by Rick Riordan. I read the second Percy Jackson book in January 2014 and I still haven’t thought to continue the series. Oh dear.